Thread: Status Check

Administrator

Status Check

Just wanting to know how everyone is doing in the hobby right now. I've been busy myself with other things but the water continues to ripple in the tanks. Had some set backs with my tank but things have been rebounding these past few months. I know it's hard to be involved in the hobby when things aren't going too well but there's always help from others. I'm lucky that I haven't just totally given up and have had friends in the hobby continue to push and encourage me to keep at it even when things are looking down. Although I've got other hobbies, family and things I'm involved in, this hobby is definitely something I look forward to being a part of.
    If anyone's on the forum and reading this post, say hello and let us know how your tanks are doing and what you've been up to and maybe what plans you have.
    Maybe even post photos of your tanks, favorite fish, corals or inverts that you have. It's always interesting to see what others have going with their tanks.
    If your new to the hobby, just starting out, say hello.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Im still breeding clownfish like mad. But havnt had the reef in while. Still have the 110g planted running and looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    30 gal custom rimless zoa garden, 110 gal custom rimless planted freshwater, 40 gal peninsula mixed reef pure clownfish tank, clowns, clowns, clowns

Administrator
    Hey Landon, good to hear your still doing good with the clown breeding.
    Wish I had the time, patience and space to breed fish myself.

Yep. The entire facility space is jammed full floor to ceiling. Takes a lot of time and labor.

30 gal custom rimless zoa garden, 110 gal custom rimless planted freshwater, 40 gal peninsula mixed reef pure clownfish tank, clowns, clowns, clowns

Administrator
    Seems like not many others are still around or on the forum anymore.

Yeah. I guess not. I still have converstions with a lot of the hobbyists I know, but it seems like the forum has cooled down. I have been so busy with my other stuff that I havnt had much to say on the board either.

We had several sad things happen among the core hobbyists over the last couple years, as well as a few stores closing. And the main guys didnt seem to be as excited after that.

We need a relaunch somehow.

Administrator
    Yeah, a lot has changed over the last couple of years. I know I've been busy myself, occupied with other things. I still have that itch for the hobby though, just can't get it out of my system.

NTRH Member
    The whole "social media" phenom has really killed a lot of the local boards, and not just reefing. I still check them all each day several times and reply when I can help someone. I don't go for the social media aspect, guess I'm too old for it. I've got a facebook account just so I can check the reefing groups out. I've been doing this for 30 years and still like it, though when I stop and think of the $$$ I've thrown at it, it is really depressing. It would be nice to see things pickup but not sure they will. I know there are a lot more reefers now than there were 10 years ago when the original club was going strong. For some reason they don't want to be "social" about it. I find that even the local facebook groups have very little activity. If it wasn't for the Texas Coral Fest I wouldn't see any of the "old" reefers.

Administrator
    The frag swaps and people that I visit in the hobby are still the only ways that I talk and interact with hobbyists. To be honest though, I haven't even been to a frag swap in some time now. Seems like many of the same vendors show up at everyone of them with the same corals.
    I have a Facebook account also but couldn't tell you the last time I even got on it. I'm not big on the whole social media thing either.

Last edited by K.J.; 08-29-2017 at 02:39 AM.