I'm New Here

HI everyone need your help.

HI everyone,

I'm new to your forums! That said I need a local source and advice. I am hoping yo will guide me, I am a former president of the Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado (Masc) whooptidoo. I have been out of the hobby since early 2000's hence I need guidance. As well has help for local info. Is there by chance some knowledgeable reefer willing to mentor a fledgling reefer to teach him current techniques as advances I'm sure have been made in the hobby. That I am as of yet unaware of. I am also new to the area so unsure which vendors are superior in knowledge customer service and knowledge. There used to be a gentlemen that posted regularly on name mark from this area. I cant for the life of me remember his last name. reason I am searching him out is I am looking for a small custom tank to be made to suit my requirements. If anyone is willing to help me get up to speed and know of maybe who I'm speaking about he had a 240 in wall tank that was spectacular beck then it may have changed since then. Any info and or guidance in any one of these areas would be awesome.

Thank you
    Dreamer

Administrator
    Hello Dreamer. There has been a lot of new technology and practices since the early 2000's. There are still many old technologies and practices used as well. Depending on what your plans are and what you want to keep may determine what is best suited for your needs and longterm goals. Maybe a combination of old and new technology.
    Not sure of the Mark you are referring to but we have a person here that is an administrator on the forum here. Mark Ausburne has a 240 in wall tank. I'm sure he wouldn't mind any questions you would like answered and I as well as others wouldn't mind helping you out.
    As far as lfs, there are several that might be of interest to you depending on what you are looking for.
    Joe at Frontline Pro Aquatics, good for corals.
    Dallas North Aquarium, prices with salt mix and other supplies are competitive to online prices. Also very clean store and good selection for fish, used items and sometimes good deals on corals.
    Another good place for corals locally would be Fish2morrow.
    Franks Tanks is another good place. Great guy and very reasonable. Should be having his yearly anniversary coming soon.
    The Elos store is another nice place to visit.
    Other stores of mention that might be of interest Apex and Ocean Avenue. There are others that might be worth visiting as well, just depends on what you are looking for.
    I'm pretty sure you know how much online sales and frag swaps have really become the norm now for dry goods and corals. The online vendors have become a huge part of the hobby since the early 2000's just like buying everything else today.
    Hopefully I've answered some of you immediate questions and gave you some idea of how things look now.
    By the way, welcome to Dallas/Ft. Worth and North Texas Reef Fanatics!

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    HI everyone,

I'm new to your forums! That said I need a local source and advice. I am hoping yo will guide me, I am a former president of the Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado (Masc) whooptidoo. I have been out of the hobby since early 2000's hence I need guidance. As well has help for local info. Is there by chance some knowledgeable reefer willing to mentor a fledgling reefer to teach him current techniques as advances I'm sure have been made in the hobby. That I am as of yet unaware of. I am also new to the area so unsure which vendors are superior in knowledge customer service and knowledge. There used to be a gentlemen that posted regularly on name mark from this area. I cant for the life of me remember his last name. reason I am searching him out is I am looking for a small custom tank to be made to suit my requirements. If anyone is willing to help me get up to speed and know of maybe who I'm speaking about he had a 240 in wall tank that was spectacular beck then it may have changed since then. Any info and or guidance in any one of these areas would be awesome.

Thank you
    Dreamer
    Welcome I am by no means an expert in this unless you count crashing your tank then I'm your guy lol but ive had a at least 1 tank going for a few years now and am always willing to help out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

NTRF Sponsor
    Late welcome back.

SURF, DROP and HOG Scrubbers® from www.Santa-Monica.cc