NTRH Member

BioCube 29 V 3.0

It's bee a rollercoaster kind of life the past couple of years. I originally started this tank in July of 2014. It's been so long I don't even remember why it went to hell, but at some point it did. Around May of 2015 we once again realized that we weren't going to be able to build our large tank so I decided to make the best of the BC29. Well things came up and for over a year it has been a green hair algae farm with only a lonely blue damsel living in it.

Now 2016 is quickly flying by and once again funds for the big tank have been put towards more important things, and once again I turn to the BC29. This time with a real plan and determination. I cleaned it up, removed the hood, added new lighting, and did a water change for the first time in 15 months and we're off to the races!!

The Plan
    Euphyllia dominant concentrating on Frogspawn and Hammer corals with mixed LPS filler corals

Hardware
    Coralife BioCube 29 and Stand
    AI Prime HD w/ Tank Mount
    Stock Coralife Return Pump
    Hydor Koralia Nano 425
    Hydor Koralia Nano 565
    JBJ ATO System
    Heater

Planned Livestock
    Blue Damsel - son won't let me get rid of it
    Ocellaris Clownfish Piar - if someone knows someone with a pair I could buy I would appreciate it. I have ZERO luck making pairs in 16 years of reefing
    Tail Spot Blenny
    Six Line Wrasse
    Cleaner Shrimp

Tank as of Now. Still cloudy from the water change and still need to work on the sandbed and back wall. Hoping to start adding coral in about 2 weeks

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by evo187; 09-26-2016 at 04:50 AM.

Administrator
    Looks like a good restart.

Administrator
    Sounds like a good plan all around. Glad to see your still reefing.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

NTRH Member
    I thought about selling it and getting out of it completely but it's a passion I just can't part with.

I plan on picking up a inTank media basket and running Purigen and Chemipure Elite. Everyone seems to have good luck with these. Maybe a skimmer in the future but I hear sketchy reviews on all of the skimmers made for the BC29. Maybe a HOB would be better. We shall see.