Premium Member

Learning to take pics

Hey all,

We bought a Nikon D5300 and I'm learning how to take pictures. I'm going to post my pictures here as I go. Any advice on how to get better is appreciated. I have been reading tutorials and other information online but I'm really more of a "learn by doing guy".

by mike.vend

by mike.vend

by mike.vend

by mike.vend

by mike.vend

by mike.vend

K.J. should remember these Mohawks.
    by mike.vend

This is a macro shot of a chalice, I used a reverse mounted lense.
    by mike.vend

Administrator
    Nice picture .Wish I could help give you some advise. I have a hard enough time taking pictures myself. Looks like your off to a great start.

Administrator
    The photos look good Mike. It just takes and learning the camera settings and features. Adjusting the settings like white balance against definitely help along with arpeture. It mostly comes down to the type of light and selecting the right settings to get the best possible photo.
    What are the zoas in the 4th pic from the top?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
    The photos look good Mike. It just takes and learning the camera settings and features. Adjusting the settings like white balance against definitely help along with arpeture. It mostly comes down to the type of light and selecting the right settings to get the best possible photo.
    What are the zoas in the 4th pic from the top?
    Those are Rastas. They used to be bigger but they are recovering from whatever stupid stuff is attacking my zoas.

Administrator
    They looked like Rastas but I wasn't sure. It's a good sign though when your zoas are opening and not staying closed up.

Premium Member
    Spent some time experimenting with the settings this weekend including with the blues on just for kicks..